Morpheus8 is a popular treatment designed to tighten, resurface, and contour skin. This technology stimulates the production of collagen, a vital protein that provides structure to the skin. What distinguishes Inmode Morpheus8 is its capacity to emit bipolar radiofrequency in conjunction with microneedling. This approach specifically targets and strengthens the Fibro-Septal Network (FSN), a deep matrix of skin and fat that contours the skin on both the face and body. As a result, patients experience an improvement in skin appearance, characterized by noticeable tightening and resurfacing.
What is Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is an FDA-approved, minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that combines microneedling with fractional radiofrequency (RF) energy. This procedure offers an effective method for addressing various dermatological conditions and minimizes downtime. It is commonly employed for skin resurfacing and deep tissue remodeling and can also be applied to other parts of the body.
How does Morpheus8 work?
The device uses fine needles to create micro-punctures in the skin. Simultaneously, it delivers RF energy deep into the dermis. This synergistic method stimulates collagen production and elastin formation, which collectively remodel the tissue, thereby enhancing skin texture and appearance.
What are the applications of Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is a versatile treatment capable of skin resurfacing, tightening and remodeling subdermal (fat) adipose tissue. It is commonly used to treat a variety of skin concerns, including:
- Skin laxity: Studies have demonstrated effective skin tightening with enduring results and high satisfaction. RF microneedling can treat jowls and neck laxity, wrinkles and fine lines, and firms the jawline.
- Skin Resurfacing: RF microneedling can resurface the epidermis to improve the appearance of shallow acne scars, fine lines and large pores, and uneven skin tone and texture, and stretch marks.
- Acne: RF microneedling offers a noninvasive way to treat acne by decreasing the production of skin oils (sebum), to reduce acne severity, decrease inflammatory lesions and reduce acne scarring with little to no downtime or risk of adverse effects.
- Acne scarring is a common concern that results from dense thickened collagen. RF microneedling disrupts the thickened collagen and stimulates new collagen formation to lift and fill scars and restore the skin.
- Studies report that RF microneedling can improve rosacea and mild melasma.
What areas of the body can be treated with Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is a versatile treatment designed for skin resurfacing, tightening, and remodeling of subdermal adipose tissue. It is commonly employed to address a variety of skin-related concerns, including:
What are the benefits of RF microneedling?
- Skin Laxity: Research studies have shown that radiofrequency (RF) microneedling effectively tightens skin, delivering enduring results and high patient satisfaction. This technique can address jowls, neck laxity, wrinkles, fine lines, and can also firm the jawline.
- Skin Resurfacing: RF microneedling resurfaces the epidermis, improving the appearance of shallow acne scars, fine lines, large pores, uneven skin tone and texture, as well as stretch marks.
- Acne: RF microneedling provides a noninvasive approach to acne treatment. It reduces acne severity by decreasing the production of skin oils (sebum), diminishing inflammatory lesions, and mitigating acne scarring, all with minimal downtime and a low risk of adverse effects.
- Acne Scarring: This is a prevalent issue that arises from densely thickened collagen. RF microneedling disrupts this thickened collagen and stimulates the formation of new collagen, lifting and filling scars to restore the skin.
- Additional Benefits: Studies have reported that RF microneedling can ameliorate conditions such as rosacea and mild melasma.
What does the Morpheus8 procedure entail?
A topical numbing cream is usually applied before the procedure begins. This cream is removed immediately prior to the commencement of the treatment. The duration of the treatment varies, typically ranging from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the specific areas being treated.
What does recovery entail?
Post-treatment downtime is minimal. The treated area may display temporary redness and swelling, which generally subsides within a few days. Mild scaling can occur, lasting up to one week. Strict adherence to aftercare guidelines is crucial; these guidelines include avoiding direct sunlight and consistently using sunscreen.
How long do the results from Morpheus8 last?
An immediate improvement may be observable after a single treatment session, and these effects continue to develop over the following weeks to months. Full results typically manifest within six months after the final treatment session, and these results can last up to one year. To sustain these effects, maintenance treatments are advised.
How many Morpheus8 treatments are recommended?
While many patients report seeing improvements after just one session, optimal results are usually attained through a series of treatments, spaced several weeks apart.
Radiofrequency microneedling with the Morpheus8 provides natural-looking results and is safe and effective for a variety of aesthetic concerns. Contact Dr. Sheila Farhang at Avant Dermatology in the Oro Valley in Tucson, Arizona and Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, CA.
Dr. Sheila Farhang is an author of the 2022 journal article in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology cited below. She is an expert is the application of technology to deliver outstanding results for her patients.