The young face is balanced, and V shaped. It has defined contours and taut skin. With age and with long-term sun exposure, the skin loses elasticity and the supportive collagen and elastin degrade causing the loss of tone, structure and contours. The aging face resembles an upside-down V shape. The cheeks sink, and fat pads slide down the face and cause the jawline to sag.
What is Radiesse®?
Radiesse is a dual – action dermal filler that adds immediate volume and visible improvement of moderate to severe wrinkles as well as lifting and contouring effects. Radiesse continues to work by stimulating the body to produce new collagen and elastin for long – lasting correction of moderate to severe wrinkles and folds, skin quality, firmness and strength while restoring lost volume. Results are natural looking and last a year or more. Radiesse contains lidocaine for your comfort. Side effects are mild and short lived, including bruising, redness and swelling.
How does Radiesse work?
Radiesse is made of bioactive microspheres of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) in a gel base.
CaHA is a natural substance that boosts the activity of fibroblasts, the cells that renew the skin. The injected microspheres provide immediate volume and correction and reactivate fibroblasts to produce new collagen and elastin to rebuild the skin from within. Over time, the gel is absorbed, and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres leaving behind only your own natural collagen and elastin.
What are the cosmetic applications?
- Radiesse works well for smile lines (nasolabial folds) that run from the corners of your nose to the outside corners of your mouth. These lines can make you appear old, tired and unhappy. Volumization smooths these lines and folds to enhance your smile and create an overall appearance of youth.
- Radiesse can treat Marionette lines, those lines that run from the corners of your mouth down to your chin. They can make your mouth turn downwards giving the appearance of being unhappy, angry or sad in addition to making you look older than you are. They are caused by ligaments attached to the skin from the underlying muscles. As we age, these ligaments stretch and the skin in this area begins to sag. This is why these lines are so frustrating.
- Radiesse can also be used to treat the corners of the mouth and the pre-jowl sulcus located next to the chin, where the loss of volume can give the appearance of an angry face or scowl.
- For patients seeking 3-dimentional volume restoration of the jawline, Radiesse is safe, and effective. The shape of the jawline has a profound effect on your appearance. Jawline recontouring is an indispensable component of modern facial rejuvenation. Radiesse is effective in restoring jawline contours and rejuvenating the aging face.
- Radiesse was the first and only FDA approved filler for hand augmentation to correct volume loss in the back of the hands that give away your age. It restores volume and provides a natural appearance reducing the prominence of veins and tendons on the back of the hands.
The hands are the most visible evidence of age, other than the face and neck. With age and sun exposure, the hands change. Fatty tissues are lost, and veins and tendons become visible. Radiesse is the perfect solution to rejuvenate aging hands.
When you are considering nonsurgical options for face and hand rejuvenation, contact Dr. Sheila Farhang in Tucson, Arizona. Dr. Farhang is a board-certified dermatologist with specialized cosmetic training in advanced techniques; author of numerous scientific publications and the recipient of multiple awards. Importantly, she is a respected skin and beauty expert. Contact Dr. Farhang today to schedule a consultation and learn how you can regain a healthy, youthful appearance.
socialize with avant